Through the years, the University of Santo Tomas-Legazpi, the Dominican University of Bicol, has committed itself to be a leading institution providing quality education and holistic development. Driven to promote a culture of excellence, the university aims to hone its students to be well-rounded individuals who will contribute to the development of our nation’s future.
As one of the pioneers of graduate education in Bicol, the UST-Legazpi Graduate School aims to encourage and guide students who seek career advancement and professional development. Situated at the Peñaranda campus in downtown Legazpi, it offers a variety of programs, trainings, and certificate courses for adults motivated to strengthen their corporate advantage in a constantly changing world.
Whether it be in law, business and finance, government and public service, ecclesiastical leadership and education, nursing, social work, and psychology, students are trained to be ready for the next step in their careers. The Graduate School has produced alumni who have come to be great contributors to the society and excellent in their respective fields of discipline since its establishment in 1951.
• Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
• Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)
majors in Development Education, Public
Administration, and Counselor Education
• Master in Business Administration (MBA)
• Master in Public Administration (MPA)
• Master of Arts in Education (MAEd)
majors in Mathematics and Science Teaching,
Religious Education, Guidance and Counseling, and
• Master of Arts in Nursing (MAN)
• Master of Science in Management Engineering
Pink – PACUCOA Level II Re-accredited Program
The University’s commitment to education is honored and established by its esteemed roster of faculty members who are deemed experts in their chosen fields:
• Arlene A. Aguilar, PhD – University of Santo Tomas-Legazpi
• Emerlinda E. Alcala, PhD – Bicol University
• Clyde Alexander A. Antioquia, PhD – Department of Education
• Hermelita M. Antivola, PhD – Bicol University, Divine Word
College of Legazpi, Bicol College
• Rev. Fr. Ernesto M. Arceo, O.P., STL, PhD – University of Santo
Tomas-Legazpi, University of Santo Tomas-Manila
• Jeaneth Ll. Bacason, PhD – University of the Philippines-Diliman
• Sipronio B. Belardo, PhD – University of Santo Tomas-Manila
• Ma. Christine R. Boduan, DBA – AMA College Legazpi
• Susana C. Cabredo, EdD – University of Santo Tomas-Legazpi,
University of Lancaster (UK)
• Engr. Rosy A. Cantara, PhD (PA) – University of the PhilippinesDiliman, Ateneo de Manila University
• Maria Shane S. del Rosario, PhD – University of Santo TomasLegazpi
• Flor A. Jenkin, PhD (Cand.) – University of Exeter (UK)
• Patrick Gerard A. Paulino, PhD – University of Santo TomasLegazpi
• Sylva Elena B. Payonga, DBA – Bicol University
• Harley G. Peralta, PhD (PA) – Bicol University
• Alvin A. Sario, PhD – University of the Philippines-Diliman,
Ateneo de Manila University
• Elenita L. Tan, PhD (PA) – Professional Regulation Commission
– Region V
• Hazel B. Vergara, EdD – University of Santo Tomas-Manila
• Salvacion L. Villafuerte, PhD – Bicol University
• The Graduate School is student-centered.
• All programs are research-based.
• All curricula are outcomes-based and
• Students receive strong support and monitoring in thesis and dissertation writing.
• Fully air-conditioned classrooms
• Fully air-conditioned libraries
• Wireless-based internet access