We envision the University of Santo Tomas-Legazpi as a leading university in the region – nurturing with truth, love and gratitude the mind, heart and spirit of each member to be committed to Christian social transformation. Specifically, we see UST-Legazpi to be:
- a Christ-centered educational community;
- a respected HEI with consistently high academic standard and values-oriented, socially responsive and globally competitive academic programs;
- a leader in Bicol in the fields of Law, Teacher Education, Business Management, Accountancy, Engineering, Architecture, Communication Arts, and Health Sciences;
- a center for Bicol studies, environmental protection, disaster risk management and preparedness;
- and a deregulated university by 2025.
The University of Santo Tomas-Legazpi, a nurturing community of Dominican learning… transforming and perfecting, under the patronage of St. Thomas Aquinas, commits itself to;
- the pursuit of academic excellence through dedicated study;
- the strengthening of one’s moral integrity through fervent prayer and witnessing;
- the sharing with others the fruits of one’s endeavor through loving service;
- the enhancement of one’s emotional maturity towards a more Christian community; and
- the promotion of cultural advocacy for a genuine appreciation of Catholic, Filipino and Bicol identity.
QUALITY POLICY STATEMENT
In a life of truth and love out of gratitude, we offer Thomasian Education!
And in our dedication to provide a holistic Catholic and Dominican spiritual formation, instruction, research, creative work, governance, management and community service, and in our pursuit to continually improve the educational system for the satisfaction of our clients, we, the UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS–LEGAZPI, are committed to excellence by setting quality objectives, based on national and international standards.
- To comply with the requirements of a research university;
- To improve student performance;
- To work for the local and international accreditation of academic programs;
- To ensure sustainability and viability by having competent employees, and by developing and implementing effective quality systems, procedures and sound resource management;
- To promote health of mind and body through sustained scientifically-based and other wellness programs;
- To respond to the changing local and global challenges;
- To establish UST-Legazpi as the center for Bicol studies;
- To be the center for environmental protection, disaster risk management and preparedness;
- To engage all stakeholders in community development and extension programs
- To optimize our talents for self-actualization, communal welfare and regional distinction;
- To create among Legazpi Thomasians a culture of charity borne out of gratitude;
- To create an educational environment that promotes and instills robust sense of Christian and professional values for public service;
- To be the center for training and development of faculty in various fields of education, especially in Catechetical formation;
- To promote within the University a work ethic in the spirit of service, collegiality and solidarity;
- To offer spiritual, moral and emotional formation programs to members of our community; and
- To strengthen our commitment as stewards of Godâ€™s creation by maintaining a balanced and healthful ecology, and as advocates of social justice through equitability in economic relations and respect for human rights and cultural diversity.